Saturday, September 15, 2012

Favorite Shoes

Favorite Shoes

I'll be honest, I love shoes. I have way too many pairs, but as a classic girl, I really couldn't care less. Boots, flats, "trainers", boat shoes. You name it, I have it. I have a pair of shoes for specific outfits, even. My favorite shoes (of the many I have) are the ones I where on everyday occasions. 

1. Navy Hunter wellies. I cannot stress enough the vitality of having a pair of these. Honest to goodness, they are an adorable life saver. 

2. I have these Sperry Top-Siders in the blue/beige plaid print. I got mine from Plato's Closet for $16 (total steal!) But, I make these my statement piece in outfits. Because you can wear them all year round (and they are just too cute for words), they're an awesome investment.

3. I love, love, love  my cowgirl boots. Mine are Old West from Shepler's. I don't really have long enough legs to pull off a riding boot, without looking like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. These are going to be perfect for fall and winter!

4. I have super wide feet, so when I find ballet flats that fit, cue the "Alleluia" chorus! I have these Tahari flats in a nude color. Very sturdy, and extremely comfortable. They were well worth the price since they go with everything.

5. I run. Like everyday. I am the captain of my cross country team, so I run multiple miles on a daily basis. Thus, the need for good running shoes, or as us runners up north call them, "trainers". I used to wear Nike's but now I'm a Brooks girl all the way.

6. I have no shame. I added my running flats, or "spikes", because I just love the pattern. Part of the reason I love races so  much is I get to wear my Brooks cheetah flats. Like, really? Who doesn't want to feel cute while feeling as though you're slowly dying inside.

7. These are my basic everyday I-don't-feel-like-looking-cute-and/or-trying shoes. They're the basic leather  Sperry Top-Sider boat shoe. If, and when, I don on jeans, at least I have something to keep up that cute preppiness I strive for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment