Thursday, September 19, 2013

What I Can't Live Without

College can really try a person. So many clubs, and events, and socials, and parties, and libraries, and term papers. Such a struggle some days. Not to mention, one has to plan outfits accordingly. For example: baggy t-shirt and norts when class is one end of the campus to the other with only 10 minutes to make a 15 minute walk; or it could be classes are one right after the other and are conveniently located across the street from each other therefore allowing me to dress like a lady instead of a scrub.

However, there are just somethings a girl needs in life. Especially to survive college.
Everyone needs to carry one of these. OMG. Especially in the South where it's almost uncomfortably hot and dehydrating. I honestly can't live without my Tervis Tumbler. The 24oz cup is the perfect size for someone like me, that needs A LOT of coffee in the morning and a gallon of water throughout the day.
 Here, in Texas, the sun shines all the time. Not that I'm complaining; coming from Michigan where we didn't even understand the concept of sunshine. Sunglasses are, therefore, a must. It doesn't actually matter what brand they are, as long as they're polarized. But, my favorites are all Ray-Bans. I have a pair of Wayfarers, but I see many girls (and guys) sporting the Aviator. 

Every girl needs a pair of norts. I cannot say enough good things about these shorts. Oh my goodness. They are perfect for the to-and-fro-on-the-go lifestyle. I wear mine with an oversized t-shirt and a pair of Jacks. It's still crazy hot here, so it's nice to be comfortable and cool. You can get them just about anywhere - from the Nike store to T.J.Maxx. 


Everyone needs a backpack, or a tote, or some sort of bag to carry all the books to and from class. I love my Lilly Shoreline tote. It's absolutely perfect. I'm totally not a backpack girl, but if so desired, The North Face and L.L. Bean have great bags that are monogrammable. I love totes simply because they give that girly feel to a large bag. 



Weather is a pain in the butt. Trust me. I know. Especially when you are the unfortunate student that has to trek from one end of campus to the other in a 10 minute passing time. It's difficult with the sun out and the temperature hospitable. But when it's raining, and humid... ugh. That makes for an awful time. I was blessed to have had the thought to bring my wellies. In the past two weeks, I don't even know how I would have survived if I hadn't brought my Hunters

No comments:

Post a Comment