Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Pretty in Pink

Pretty in Pink



I'm not afraid to say it. I love pink. I used to try to repress this love, but now I'm openly in love with it. Who doesn't love feeling girly and romantic and flirty!? Especially considering Valentine's Day is right around the corner. 

Speaking of V-Day, I have a few traditions that uphold every year. Since I seem to be single for this day of love every single year, I treat myself to a month of pampering in preparation. I get a mani/pedi sometime in the next month, I plan out a flirty day outfit for the big day and a classy, yet surprisingly semi-sexy outfit for the night and find some girlfriends who are also single to party with. Super fun! 

Then that night, curl into an upright fetal position in sloppy sweats, hair on top on my head, spoon in one hand, Hagaan Daz straddled between my legs, and dignity on the floor as I watch Ryan Gosling/Channing Tatum/Zac Efron in some sappy-unrealistically-romantic chick flick. Corny? Yes. Dignified? Not in the slightest. Do I really care? Nope.

I also make myself a V-Day playlist with all the sappy love ballads that have come out in the past years. This year's so far include:

1) As Long As You Love Me - Justin Bieber
2) ANY ONE DIRECTION SONG. I'm not bias ;)
3) Can't Help Falling In Love With You - Ingrid Michaelson 
4) Run - Leona Lewis
5) ALL TAYLOR SWIFT SONGS. A single girl's anthem is now in soundtrack form.
6) Angel Eyes - Love and Theft
7) Wanted - Hunter Hayes
8) Storm Warning - Hunter Hayes
9) Cruise - Florida Georgia Line
10) Want You Back - Cher Llyod 

Many more to come. By February 14, I'll have an updated list up!

xoxo Savannah


No comments:

Post a Comment