Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Chocolate Oatmeal Scotchies

Hey y'all! I hope Easter was as good for y'all as it was for me. So much good food and such great company. I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful family so close by me.

And one of those perks of living close to family is coming "home" to homemade foods. Which means, NO DORM FOOD FOR AT LEAST A DAY!!!!

On Easter, my auntie made these Chocolate Oatmeal Scotchies that were just to die for. Like OMG y'all. I wanted to eat every single cookie AND lick the plate. So, naturally, I got the recipe from my aunt to share with y'all...

Chocolate Oatmeal Scotchies

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup butterscotch morsels 
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
  • 1 1/4 cups unsifted flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 3 cups Old-Fashioned Quaker oats
1) Preheat oven to 375°F
2) Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in small bowl; set aside
3) Beat softened butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract in large bowl
4) Gradually beat in flour mixture
5) Stir in oats and morsels
*6) Drop by rounded tablespoons onto an ungreased baking sheet
*7) Bake 7 to 8 minutes for chewy cookies, 9 to 10 minutes for crisp cookies
*8) Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes, remove to wire racks to cool completely

*PAN COOKIE VERSION
6) Grease 15x10-inch jelly-roll pan
7) Prepare dough as above
8) Spread in prepared pan
9) Bake for 18 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned
10) Cool completely in pan on wire rack


Makes 4 dozen (48 cookies)




*from food.com (Nestle' Oatmeal Scotchies) with a couple of modifications from my aunt :)

No comments:

Post a Comment