Thursday, August 15, 2013

Everyday Makeup

In the words of Miss Hepburn herself "I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe happy girls are the prettiest girls."

Making yourself feel pretty is one of life's greatest gifts to women. I love, love, LOVE makeup. I like feeling pretty and accentuating my features. I like having people notice how nice my eyes look, or how pretty my complexion is. 

But I'm also a minimalist. Your natural beauty is what should always shine through. There is just something far more beautiful about a person if they bear their flaws, yet show off the things about them that they're proud of. 

I'm a HUGE fan of BB Cream. Simply because it does so many good things for your face: protecting it, moisturizing it, covering up blemishes, and healing it from natural imperfections.
A little (I stress LITTLE) eyeliner is good for the face. It can really bring out a person's eyes and give them that extra boost of confidence when needed. I prefer pen just because it goes on smoother, but with a nice sharp pencil, a thin and precise line can be drawn just as well as a pen.

Mascara is tricky. You don't want it to clump or look to harsh (especially if you have fair skin and light hair). But the good news is that mascara comes in ALL colors and there's one just for you out there. I like Great Lash because it's relatively cheap and stays on all day!
The prettiest lips are those well nourished. Chapped lips are a pain in the butt and are unsightly at times (especially if you're also on acne meds that dry your skin out) But there are SOOO many good product to use for soft lips. EOS are awesome and are so easy to carry with you (and taste really good too!). Then, when the lips are healed, lip gloss can be applied. Sticky, ooey-gooey gloss can be a pain when it comes to having long hair. Trust me, I know. But new glosses/balms are unsticky and have a lovely tint to them. 

What are your favorite beauty products? 

No comments:

Post a Comment