Sunday, March 16, 2014

Spring Break 2014

Well, I didn't jet off to anywhere special. There were no sandy beaches or crazy all night parties. In fact, the farthest I went was only 45 minutes west of Dallas. But, I don't regret any of it. I mean, yes. I would have liked to be some place exotic, tanning on a powder beach and staying up all night with college students from one end of the country to the other, instead of being stuck in coldish rainy Texas. But, the sacrifice was worth it. Instead of tanning in Destin or South Padre, my mommy (all the way from Detroit) came down to visit me.

My mom and I are best friends, two peas in a pod and the chance to see her, even if only for 5 days, was vacation enough. We went shopping, and walked the Katy Trail near campus. We tanned and laughed and ate and did the mother/daughter bonding that we so desperately needed. I miss my mom so much during the year and am so blessed to have seen her on my break. Beaches (or not), being with her was the best SB I could have asked for.
We're so fabulous 

Accidental selfie that served as comic relief for the night

Dropping mommy off and the airport 

(from right) Mom, Auntie, Me
How was y'alls break?
xoxo Savannah

No comments:

Post a Comment