Thursday, February 28, 2013

Down to 3!

Of the 6 schools I've applied to, I think I've narrowed it down to 3: Southern Methodist University (SMU), University of Michigan (U-M), and Texas Christian University (TCU).

SMU:
I love each and every school, but SMU has always been my love. I first visited at about 18 months old and have revisited every year since. I mean, who doesn't love Dallas?! I was awarded their Hilltop Scholars Program, as well as the Pre-Law Scholars Program, of which I accepted gratefully :) I'm still holding out for one more scholarship (Hunt Scholars Program) and if I receive that, my choice has been finalized!



U-M:
University of Michigan is such an amazing school (and a very worthy backup plan)! It's ranked 28th in the nation, is a Big 10 school, and is located in the thriving city of Ann Arbor. I L.O.V.E. this school. They have such an awesome course load and I would be absolutely ecstatic to go there!




TCU:
I love Texas. It is my favorite state (though I'm a born and raised Michigander). Forth Worth is such a cool place to live and has soooo many cool attractions like the B.R.I.T. (Botanical Research Institute of Texas), line dancing, the Botanical Gardens, a booming college-friendly downtown, and the Texas charm. I would be honored to attend there as well, considering they've invited me into their Honors College (which I also accepted happily!)




No comments:

Post a Comment