Sunday, September 7, 2014

Inspiration for the Day

Hey y'all. This is my first post in exactly a month. It's been so hectic moving from Michigan to Florida to Texas and then moving into the dorms for my second year here at SMU. I'm just so plum tired. I'm taking 18 credit hours and working 10 hours per week. I belong to a couple clubs and I plan on rushing second semester again... Second times a charm (I hope). Anyway, I've just had so much on my plate between school and friends and work and stress and church that I'm running low on motivation. As my cousin once said, "It's not fun unless you're burning the candle at both ends." How true is that.

Today's post isn't about fashion or style or anything of the sort. Today, I want to address life. I've heard it said that the strongest people are the ones that fight their battles in secret, never letting anyone see the struggle that face them. I am a firm believer in that. Y'all, life is hard. It's complicated and messy and exhausting. Being happy takes effort and determination, just as much as success does. Not gonna lie, my life has been a turbulent ride. Last year, especially my second semester, was terrible. I did well in school but friend-wise I was kinda at a loss. I wanted to transfer but it was too late in the semester to do that. But I stayed strong and persevered. I don't give up easily. I never have and I never will. This current semester, it dawned on me that I'm trying so hard to fit in when that's not how I work. I will be the first to say, I'm awkward and quirky. I make stupid mistakes and later have to pray on my downfalls. I'm not perfect though I strive to be. And I think that's where the root of my problems are.

So, this semester, I'm turning over a new leaf and I suggest the same for all my readers (if you're still reading now). This year, I'm going to be happy. That's all I have ever wanted. I want to be happy and I'm going to focus on being content with myself — all my oddities and perks.

I found this on Pinterest so I had to share:

I'm just going to hang on and make the most out of my life. I have to remember there is still so much I want to accomplish and this hard time is just a speck in my life :)

Have an excellent Sunday and til next time!
xoxo Savannah

PS: I'M GOING TO TUSCALOOSA IN OCTOBER TO VISIT MY BEST FRIEND! ROLL TIDE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment